Stephen Bean, Macon County Clerk
Macon County Office Building
141 South Main Street, Room 104
Decatur, IL 62523
Phone: (217) 424-1305 or (217) 424-1307
Tax Extension: (217) 424-1308
Voters Registration: (217) 424-1309
M-F 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
excluding legal holidays
- Chief election officer for the county
- Clerk of the County Board and the keeper of the county records
- Keeper of vital records including birth, death, and marriage records
- Responsible for computing tax rates and the redemption of delinquent taxes
- Commissions for Notary Publics, assumed business names (DBA), and statements of economic interest are filed with the County Clerk's office
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I order a birth certificate?
How do I obtain a marriage license?
How can I become an election judge?
How do I obtain an assumed business name or DBA?
Please visit our downloads page and click on the County Clerk link on the left hand column for a complete list of the available County Clerk downloads.
Please visit our Voter & Election Information page for more information on this topic.
Please visit our downloads page and click on the Meeting Audio link under the County Clerk link on the left hand column for a complete list of the available Meeting Audio downloads.